Monday 5 May 2014

Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick - Review and Swatches.


▲▲▲

  

I have invested in four Avon lipsticks to try out, I went for two of there Ultra Colour Rich Lipsticks and two of there Ultra Colour Absolute Lipsticks with SPF15.
The main reason for choosing these two is because of the packaging, I love that the Ultra Colour Rich lipsticks have a window at the top of the lipstick so you can see what colour it is without opening them. I also chose these because they have a bigger range of more "modern" colours.

Ultra Color Rich Lipstick

Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick SPF 15

▲▲▲

 
The colours I purchased were Blush Nude, Soft Raspberry, Red Velvet, and Tangerine Tango.



LtoR Blush Nude, Tangerine Tango, Soft Raspberry, Red Velvet

▲▲▲

 This review is mainly positive, the colour pay off is wonderful, you get what you see in the tube, although it is hard to tell from the brochure what the colour will end up like. I advise you ask your local Avon representative if they have a sample you can try before you order one.
These are a cream lipstick, but on me, I do find they dry to a semi matte finish, so keep your lips nice and moisturised.
I do find that they bleed a little bit without a lip liner, so I think wearing a lip liner with these is a must, they have a very extensive lip liner range and these lipsticks are quite often 'buy one, get a lip liner free' so very easy to pick one up if you don't have one already.
The tube is very well made, doesn't feel flimsy or cheap. I have given them a shake test with the lipstick completely unscrewed and they aren't going anywhere. The caps all clip on well, so they are safe to keep in your handbag without worrying that they are going to colour the inside of your bag.

▲▲▲

 

▲▲▲

 

These retail for $24.99 but are quite often on a promotion. Avon now has a website that you can buy directly from, and you can have this delivered to your door, so if you aren't interested in having a representative you can avoid this.

▲▲▲

So there you have it, Avons Ultra Colour Lipsticks, I hope you enjoyed this review.





2 comments:

  1. I love that these have the clear window -- such a good idea if you have heaps of lipsticks! Also, didn't know that you can now purchase from the website, awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! Saves so much time when you have heaps lol. The Avon website is a very recent thing :)

      Delete