Monday 4 August 2014

Goodie Box | Birthday Box



I was really iffy about getting this box, I cancelled a couple a months ago because the box was awful, it consisted of tampons, a few things I had received from them before, and some cheap looking lipgloss. 
This month was their birthday box, so I gave in and resubscribed to see if they had improved.


▲▲▲





▲▲▲


Goodie Box is $29 + $4.50 shipping.
I have heard a lot of negative stuff  about this box, but I'm happy with it.
There is a total of four full sized products and two samples.
The total value of this months box is $86.98, excluding the two samples because samples are usually free.


▲▲▲


Schwarzkopf Professional | Bonacure Repair Rescue Instant Repair Shot

"Where would we be without a birthday shot? Use this only on the bottom half of towel-dried hair, rinse out after 2 minutes. This bottle should give you two luxurious treatments. Shine away you diamond."


I am always looking for great new hair treatments, so this should be good to try.
I'm not to sure how easy this will be to apply as it is a screw top lid, and the product is very runny. I have never been coordinated enough to manage these kinds of products without spilling it all down the drain.
The RRP on this is $8.00 for 10ml, this is a full sized product.


▲▲▲


Linden Leaves | Eye Rescue Serum

"Get bright eyes. Super soothing, cooling, and nourishing is this serum that's packed full of antioxidants. They hydrating roller ball will instantly lift your spirits and put the sparkle back in your eyes! PRONTO. Made with love in Christchurch but sold across the globe is this award winning natural skincare range."


I have never had the opportunity to try out Linden Leaves, so I am super excited for this.
This product comes in a squeezy tube, with a roller ball.
I find the ball doesn't pick up the product to well, so I found I need to squeeze it a little bit and the roll it around my eyes.
It feels nice and refreshing and smells beautiful.
This contains organic white tea, for it's anti-oxidant properties, rose, to tone and nourish, and grapeseed oil, to balance and hydrate the delicate contour area.
This retails for $49.99 for 15ml. This is a full sized product.
We were given a discount code for $10 off your next purchase from Linden Leaves, GOODIEBOX10. Feel free to use it.


▲▲▲


Carmex | Moisturising Lip Balm

" This cult classic from the 1930's is here to stay. Formulated to protect and give you the yummiest soft lips. With over 130 sold every minute, it's no wonder that celebrities and makeup artists all over the world pop Carmex on before they go to bed."

 
I love lip products, and lipbalm is a must have!
I have never tried Carmex before, so it is great to have the chance to try something new.
The RRP is $6.99. This is a full sized product.


▲▲▲


Manhattan | Endless Stay Duo Eye Shadow

"This stylish duo from Manhattan is perfect for those who love their intense colours! Long lasting and highly pigmented, this oil based eye shadow is creamy, rich, and a must have for your makeup bag."

 
This is so beautiful and creamy!
I love the gold, I'm not to sure on the blue, it's a wonderful colour but I can't really pull off the whole "blue eyes and blue eyeshadow" I may try it as an eyeliner and see if I can make it work.
The colours are so pigmented and so easy to apply.
The RRP is $22.00, this is a full sized product.


▲▲▲


Benefit | They're Real Push-Up Gel Liner

"Lash-hugging? YES. Easy as ever to apply? TICK. Gives you sexier looking eyes? ABSOLUTELY. The first of its kind, matte black gel formula won't smudge or budge until you remove it with an oil-based remover."


This is the product every one was kicking a stink up about, some thought it was going to be full sized, some think the sample is too small, some were upset because the sample didn't have the twist up bottom.
I'm happy with it, it has the two most important things, the product, and the AccuFlex tip. There is enough there for you to work out if you want to purchase the full sized.
This was a sample, full sized retails for $45.00


▲▲▲


Dr Hauschka | Hydrating Foot Cream

"Take time to look after what carries you through the day. sooth, soften, and protect feet with the nurturing benefits of St. John's Wort. 5 minutes is all it takes."

   


I'm sure I'm not the first person to admit that my feet get barely any attention, maybe some polish on my toes for the summer.
I think I will use this as a chance to get a foot rub from my partner.
I got two, 2.5ml sample sachets.
This retails at $43.00 for 75ml


▲▲▲


I am impressed with this Goodie Box, I love the new packaging, it is so much classier than the original packing. I'm not sure if it is just for the Birthday box, but I would love to see them keep it.














2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you like the box, so many negative posts out there. I think people forget they are still getting more than what they paid for. If they don't want the surprise then they should keep their money and buy what they're after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, if they wanted a full sized benefit liner they should have purchased it instead of the box.

      Delete